Organizations - Parkchester Regional Aid For Interim Needs, Inc. (RAIN)
Parkchester R.A.I.N. was founded in 1964. Regional Aid for Interim Needs, Inc. (R.A.I.N., Inc.) is a multi-service community organization specializing in providing quality services and programs to meet the varied needs of New York City's older population, our senior citizens
1380 Metropolitan Avenue
Bronx, NY 10462
R.A.I.N is an acronym for Regional Aid For Interim Needs.
Parkchester R.A.I.N. (Regional Aid For Interim Needs) serves over 30,000 senior citizens and elders in the Bronx and upper Manhattan each year through a continuum of care that includes:
- Twelve full service senior centers
- Home delivered meals and home care services for homebound persons and individuals with special needs
- An Integration Program for developmentally disabled adults
- Social services
- Case management
- Benefits and entitlements assistance
- Support groups for the elderly and their families
- A Transportation Program
- Elder Abuse Prevention and Crime Victims Services
- Weatherization and Home Repair programs
- Adult education programs such as English as a Second Language and Citizenship classes
- Youth Leadership Development & Violence Prevention Programs
- A community-based Thrift Shop.
RAIN's newest projects include the Beatrice Castiglia-Catullo Residence and RAIN Apartments for the Elderly, two housing complexes for low-income seniors.
Breakfast and lunch served daily.
Blood pressure screening every Tuesday.
Read announcements from R.A.I.N Senior Center
Ask R.A.I.N Senior Center a question
See other Parkchester Departments and Organizations