Organizations - St. Raymonds Community Outreach Center (SRCO)
St. Raymond Community Outreach Center (SRCO) is a non-sectarian community based organization that was created to help people build better lives in the Parkchester neighborhood of the east Bronx. St. Raymond Community Outreach Blueprint for the Future envisions a Performing Arts and Recreation Center, which will be a cultural hub that invites children and families from every corner of the East Bronx to participate joyfully in the performing arts, educational activities and social support services. The S.R.C.O (St. Raymonds Community Outreach) model is a developmental one. SRCO has identified a developmental emphasis for each of its three program tiers, elementary, middle school and high school. Compelling developmental assets are emphasized at each stage:
- elementary programs emphasize literacy.
- middle school programs emphasize friendship, decision-making and leadership.
- high school activities emphasize careers, employment, life skills and education.
1720 Metropolitan Avenue
Bronx, NY 10462
SRCO activities occur in a carefully structured context:
- supportive relationships with caring adults.
- high expectations
- opportunities to belong
- positive social norms
- support for efficacy and mattering
- physical and psychological safety and opportunities for skill-building.
Parkchester Community Network (PCN)
Parkchester Community Center (PARCC)
Comprehensive After School Program (CAP)
Parkchester Local Area Network (PLAN)
Read announcements from SRCO
Ask SRCO a question
See other Parkchester Departments and Organizations